History of the Company
In 1987, the Burgess family founded ProCare Rx with the vision of providing innovative computer software systems and services to various sectors of the healthcare industry. We processed our first pharmacy claim in 1994 using our own internally developed and managed systems, and today we process millions of claims every year.
Until 1998, ProCare Rx provided pharmacy claims processing, benefit administration, systems, and other management services to nearly one-third of the Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) entities in the United States. That year we made the strategic decision to expand our product line to include full-service pharmacy benefit management through the acquisition of NextGen PBM. In 2003, we established ProCare PharmacyCare, our wholly-owned full service mail order and specialty pharmacy. In 2006, ProCare Rx completed the acquisition of Palliative Therapeutics and created ProCare HospiceCare offering hospice specific PBM services and on-demand clinical pharmacy services.
Since our inception we have pioneered transparency and a philosophy of "lowest net cost." Because we own all of the component PBM pieces, we are able to lower client costs consistently year after year while providing best in class, client-focused service.
- Our mission today, as it was years ago, is grounded with the same objectives for our clients that guide us every day:
- To provide the best, lowest cost pharmacy benefit management systems and services available
- To focus on providing better, faster, cost-effective services and solutions customized to the needs of our clients
- To partner with our clients to accomplish mutually beneficial goals
- To understand and actively respond to the needs of our clients
About Our Logo
- The Eagle at the top of our crest, symbolizes the Strength that is embodied in everything we do: client relationships, clinical care, and technology systems.
- The Helmet denotes Wisdom in the choice we make every day: to know what our clients want by listening closely to what they need.
- Uno Alla Volta means One at a Time which symbolizes our commitment to you: Managing Your Pharmacy Benefit, One Prescription at a Time.
- The Armored Arm represents the strength of our Leadership; ProCare Rx is the industry leader in 100% transparent PBM models, and real-time customized application solutions.
- Our Torch stands for the Knowledge and Honesty we bring to every client relationship; to resolve our clients' healthcare problems by providing the best, lowest cost pharmacy benefit management systems and services available.