Smart Specialty Pharmacy
Specialty drugs are defined as those high cost biotech and other prescription drug products that require special ordering, handling, and/or patient intervention. These medications are often administered as an injectable or may require refrigeration, special handling, and training to administer. Monthly costs of therapy can range from $2000 to over $20,000, so appropriate utilization controls and education far outweigh the "up front" cost and can save a plan sponsor hundreds of thousands of dollars on an annual basis.
We offer a comprehensive approach to managing the high cost and appropriate use of complex therapies with costly injectable and oral medications. The core services of our SpecialtyCare program include specialty distribution, medication management, and patient assistance support that help your members live with complex health conditions. We guarantee the integrity of the drugs we dispense and provide members with excellent specialty pharmaceutical care and superior clinical services in order to help them most effectively manage their illness. Clients can access our variable copay and cost-plus programs on specialty medications to receive the lowest prices available on the most expensive products.
ProCare SpecialtyCare services included at no charge:
- Clinical monitoring and support to reduce potential health risks and potential serious side effects
- Dosage and quantity verification
- Free drug administration supplies
- Insurance verification and reimbursement support
- Coordination of benefits for use with manufacturer coupons and vouchers
- Copayment assistance programs
- Proactive outbound compliance and support calls
- Patient education
- Electronic medical billing with acceptance of assignment